American Button Machine Review of Flashing LED Buttons
One of our coolest new products is the ability to add a flashing LED to any button. The smallest button size the LED will fit on is a 1.5” button.
The Greatness of Flashing LED Buttons
There are several pros involved in the creation of a flashing LED button:
- They are incredibly energy efficient, which means that the lights on your buttons will last a looooooong time. In fact, our LED assembly comes with two long-life LR41 coin batteries.
- You can add two, three, or four LEDs to a single button depending on its size. The 3” and 3.5” buttons offer you the most flexibility regarding the light’s placement.
- Our flashing LED assembly units each come with a safety pin, which makes it easy to attach your flashing LED button to your clothes or accessories.
The Only Drawback
While you can situate the LED anywhere on your button, keep in mind that putting it too far off-center could cause the button to hang awkwardly if you plan to use the safety pin on the LED assembly.
How To Add A Flashing LED To A Button
We’ve created this simple-to-follow instructional video to illustrate how easy it is to add a bit of pizazz to your button.
If you prefer reading instructions, here’s the rundown.
- Create a collet button using a button machine as you normally would.
- Using our metal craft punch, punch a 1/8” hole through the selected button where you’d like the flashing LED to shine through.
- Then, take the LED assembly and remove the tape backing.
- Carefully apply the sticky side of the LED assembly to the back of the button. The LED should be sticking through the hole you just punched.
- Next, remove the plastic safety.
- Now, you’re ready to hit the magic switch – the on/off button.
If you’re looking for something new to add to your creative arsenal, then a flashing light is just what the button doctor ordered.
By Brighid Brown, Director of Blogging and All Things Cool at ABM