In this, the fourth installment of our ABM Video Series, we are going to show you just how ridiculously easy it is to make a pinback button.
And when we say easy, we don’t just mean simple…we also mean quick.
Would you believe me if I told you the total time it takes to make a professional pinback button is less than 10 seconds?
It’s true. The video evidence that proves this claim awaits you at the end of this post.
But first, a quick outline of the steps:
- Get your button machine ready. (Note: these steps will work for button sizes 1.25″ and larger.)
- Insert shell into one of the two rotating dies.
- Place circular graphic face up on top of shell.
- Place mylar on top of graphic.
- Rotate dies.
- Place pinned back pin-side down in other die.
- Click your heels three times and say “abracadabra” while rubbing your stomach and patting your head at the same time.
- Pull handle towards you once.
- Rotate dies.
- Pull handle towards you once more.
- Remove completed pinback button from die and admire your amazing craftsmanship!
Quick pop-quiz: one of the above 11 steps is actually not a necessary step for creating pinback buttons (but is, however, something fun and perhaps even challenging to try!).
If you’re having trouble with the pop-quiz question, just watch the video below. You’ll see that the entire process takes less than 10 seconds, and here’s a hint: there is no magic required.
Just you, a few supplies, and an ABM button maker!
Video: How to Make a Pinback Button
Brighid Brown – Director of Blogging and All Things Cool at ABM